My lover's got humour • She's the giggle at a funeral • Knows everybody's disapproval • I should've worshipped her sooner • If the Heavens ever did speak • She is the last true mouthpiece • Every Sunday's getting more bleak • A fresh poison each week • We were born sick • you heard them say it • My church offers no absolutes • She tells me "worship in the bedroom" • The only heaven I'll be sent to • Is when I'm alone with you • I was born sick, but I love it • Command me to be well • Amen. Amen. Amen • Take me to church • I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies • I'll tell you my sins • So you can sharpen your knife • Offer me that deathless death • Good God, let me give you my life • Take me to church • I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies • I'll tell you my sins • So you can sharpen your knife • Offer me that deathless death • Good God, let me give you my life • If I'm a pagan of the good times • My lover's the sunlight • To keep the Goddess on my side • She demands a sacrifice • To drain the whole sea get something shiny • Something meaty for the main course • That's a fine looking high horse • What you got in the stable? • We've a lot of starving faithful • That looks tasty • That looks plenty • This is hungry work • Take me to church • I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies • I'll tell you my sins • so you can sharpen your knife • Offer me my deathless death • Good God, let me give you my life • Take me to church • I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies • I'll tell you my sins • So you can sharpen your knife • Offer me my deathless death • Good God, let me give you my life • No masters or kings when the ritual begins • There is no sweeter innocence • Than our gentle sin • In the madness and soil of that sad earthly scene • Only then I am human, only then I am clean
HOZIER
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário